Iwaki NRD-05 Direct-Drive Pump
NRD series models are small canned motor centrifugal pumps powered by brushless DC motors. They are incredibly compact, lightweight, quiet and feature seal less construction designed to eliminate the potential for leakage. The models in the NRD series offer a wider range of options with their flow adjustment feature (DC 1 to 5V), support for high-temperature liquid 0°C to 80°C, and capacity to be installed in areas with high ambient temperature 0°C to 50°C.
Made in Japan
- Additional information
Iwaki NRD-05 direct-drive pump design features small canned motor centrifugal pumps powered by brushless DC (BLDC) motors. They are incredibly compact, lightweight and quiet. A variety of features, including a seal-less design to prevent leakage,
enable the pumps to meet a full spectrum of user needs, with emphasis on ease of installation, operation and
- Eliminate maintenance costs – Superior engineering combined with built-in safety, the Iwaki NRD-05 direct-drive pump is designed to last the life of your system; no service calls or parts kits required.
- Ease of integration – BLDC motors with integral driver/controller simplifies wiring and UL regulatory compliance. The Iwaki NRD-08 mag-drive multiple mounting configurations, make it easy to find a home for these pumps.
- Precision temperature control – NRD’s unique dual bearing system reduces heat generation and helps your system maintain temperature accuracy.
- Reduce system size – The NRD/RD series’ canned motor design offers the most compact package available.
- Extend system life – Manufactured under strict ISO 9001/14001 quality standards and assembled with the most chemically-inert materials, the NRD/RD pump life will typically exceed 25K hours.
- Reduce system noise – With documented sound levels at 45 dB or lower, the NRD/RD series allows for whisper-quiet operation.
Iwaki NRD-05 Direct-Drive pump is equipped with the following protective functions in drive circuitry:
- Protection against jammed impeller – Drive circuitry will detect locked impeller and stop the pump.
- Excessive temperatures – The pump will stop when the motor temperature increases beyond rated temperature (80°C) as a result of elevated fluid temperature or installed environment temperature.
- Over current protection – The drive circuitry is protected against excessive current.
Fuse – The Iwaki NRD-05 direct-drive pump is equipped with internal fuse to protect pump form overheating or causing damage to system when drive circuit has been damaged. The built-in fuse cannot be replaced, so, we recommend use of an external fuse.
The NRD Series pump is a canned motor type centrifugal pump driven by a DC brushless motor. The magnet incorporated with the impeller is directly rotated in the pump chamber by the magnetic force of the motor to discharge the liquid from suction port to the discharge port.
The Iwaki NRD-08 direct-drive pump can be controlled by 1-5 VDC external control. The 1-5 VDC external variable signal is used for just a simple flow control, and a flow rate is not even in proportion to the signal voltage. The pump is able to run with no 1-5VDC signal generator when electrically wired as follows. In this case the pump runs at the maximum speed.
Direct Drive Technology
A direct drive brushless DC design is categorized as an integral pump and motor assembly including driver electronics. Similar to a magnet drive design there is no direct connection between the motor shaft and the driven element. However the pump does not employ an external drive magnet mounted to a motor shaft to transmit the motor torque to the internal driven magnet assembly. Instead, the torque is transmitted directly by a brushless DC motor (BLDC).
The inner rotating magnet assembly is positioned as the rotor of a motor. The motor windings are wound around the rear housing. The inner rotating magnet assembly is driven by the rotating magnetic field of the BLDC motor. Commutation is performed electronically using sensors to detect the position of the inner rotating element. The sensor inputs are used by the driver circuit to energize the motor windings. The induced magnetic field drives the inner magnet assembly. This design eliminates the need for a separate motor armature, motor bearings, drive magnet mounted to the motor shaft, and shaft seals. As with magnet drive designs, the direct drive seal-less structure also eliminates leaks and problems involving seal replacement. The resulting package is compact, efficient and provides for a longer service life.
24 VDC pump with external control signal (0-5V)
Model : NRD-05 mag-drive pump
Manufacturer : Iwaki
Flow: 0-5 LPM
Sound level : 40 dB
Useful life over more 25K hours
Motor : Totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC)
Power : 24VDC; 6W
Connections : 3/8 NPT / (suction) 1/8 NPT (discharge)
Suction without strainer
Compatible with salt water
Protective functions in drive circuitry:
- Drive circuitry will detect locked impeller and stop the pump.
- Drive circuitry will detect motor temperature increases beyond rated temperature and stop the pump.
- Drive circuitry is protected against excessive current
Liquid Temperature Rating : 60°C
Ambient temperature range: 32 – 104 °F
Maximum water height : 13.5 ft (4.1 m)
Flow at 0 psi: 1.3 GPM (5.1 lpm)
Flow at 3.5 PSI: 0.8 GPM (3 lpm)
Flow at 5 PSI: 0.5 GPM (2 lpm)
Flow at 5.8 PSI: 0 GPM (0 lpm)
|Dimensions||17 × 16 × 15.2 cm|
Pumps without a strainer basket
|Type of pumps||