A powerful tool to study coastal and wetland biomass!
- Variations in low water, tidal range, duration of flood or ebb and high water are easily set via the Tide Monitron and executed by micro-pumps;
- The simulated tidal flow describes a sinusoidal curve, as in real life;
- Accommodates borrowing animals;
- Can simulate up to 99 consecutive tides;
- Water level accuracy of reading: ±0.2 cm.
A fully integrated instrument
The Tide Chamber is fully insulated with a thermally protected window. Water circulates between two aquariums. When the experimental aquarium is at high water, the water storage aquarium is at low water.
- Set in Fibreglass/plastic shelving;
- Wide temperature ranges from 30°C down to 4°C;
- Very quit titanium chiller;
- Complete water recycling with bio-filtration (REBF) system;
- Up to five water turnovers/hour to create a gentle current as required by some species;
- Two Tide Chambers per structure are available.
The Tide Monitron has the ability of controlling light emitting diodes (LED). Therefore water tight string of LEDs can inserted within the lid of the experimental aquarium. Dawn and dusk and a variety of natural circadian rhythms can then be created to better mimic the natural environment.
The Multi-tank systems is custom-adapted to simulate the gradual fluctuations in salinity associated with the tides. An Enviro- Monitron control a peristaltic pump (Tide pump) and add water (fresh or saltwater) for changing the water salinity in the water recycling through the fish tanks, simulating a typical sinusoidal curve associated with the tides. In parallel, a water-tight light fixture set over each row of thanks simulate dawn and dusk, as light intensity with gradually be turned on an off (controlled by the Monitron).
Note: the level of oxygen can also be modulated.
Check our Multi-stressor section for more information.
Aquabiotech’s equipment comes with highly professional service. Customer oriented, our design team is dedicated to walking you through each step for obtaining the aquatic system that will truly meet your research goals.
Take advantage of our quote preparation service to facilitate access to funding.