Université Laval – LARSAtony
|Location:||Sainte-Foy, Québec, CANADA|
|Contact:||Serge Higgins, M.Sc.|
|Laboratory:||LABORATOIRE RÉGIONAL DES SCIENCES AQUATIQUES (LARSA)|
|Species:||Vertebrates & invertebrates;|
|Habitats:||Fresh water, brackish & marine;|
|Temperature:||7° to 30° C;|
|Total rearing volume:||104 m3 ( 27 476 usgal);|
|Water recirculation level:||99.7% (1 water exchange/5 to 6 days);|
Université Laval – LARSA
The LAboratoire de Recherche en Sciences Aquatiques aims to promote:
- The development of new technologies and expertise in aquatic sciences.
- The technology transfer to the fishery and aquaculture industries.
- The development of fundamental and applied research in the field of aquatic sciences
- The recruitment of researchers and industrial partners.
- The expansion of collaboration between:
- Private and public organisations
With the most versatile personnel and equipment, the LARSA can meet the requirements of many experimental projects.
Precise and sophisticated equipment are essential for the production and distribution of water to various research units.
Different types of fish tank guarantee the feasibility of the most diverse projects.
Here is a description of the LARSA installations: