Centre Spécialisé des Pêches – Three Pack Unitstony
|Grande-Rivière, Québec, CANADA|
|Mme Valérie Mcinnis|
Type of rearing unit:
|ONE THREE-PACK UNITS|
Centre Spécialisé des Pêches – Three Pack Units
An assembly of three aquaria sharing a common infrastructure (shelving, photoperiod control), yet functioning indenpendently. Cooling and heating rate are ajustable. Ideal for testing the effect of temperature on marine and freshwater life.
- REBF modules recycle water up to 99.9% of flow. However, at low temperatures, the only makeup water allowed will be to compensate for evaporation (recirculation greater than 99.9%);
- Each aquarium is composed of:
– a rectangular molded fiberglass basin with a capacity of 30 liters,
– a physical / biological filtration system,
– a thermal control,
– 1.5 ” thick insulation.
- The aquariums are joined in pairs and inserted into a rectangular fiberglass tank. Insulation with a minimum thickness of 4 cm is inserted between the aquarium and the external tank.
- The physical / biological filtration system is composed (for each aquarium):
– a recirculation pump,
– a filtering foam (250 μm),
– a filter cartridge (50 μm) installed at the suction of the pump,
– a filter cartridge (20 μm) installed at the discharge of the pump,
– a submerged biofilter comprising a ceramic support and charcoal.
– a foamer whose circulation of water is independent of the recirculation pump.
- Self-cleaning, high-quality plastic tanks;
- The system can be quickly dismantled for the cleaning of waterways;
- Drainage pipes are located at an angle to ease debris removal and enable visual checks and cleaning access;
- Drainage pipes located at an angle to ease debris removal, cleaning access and visual checks. This feature prevents the build-up of sediments in drainage pipes that reduce water flow. It also prevents dissolved organic matter from building up in the system, keeping water cleaner.
- Critical replacement parts are quickly available if needed, buy everything direct!