Bucknell University – Annular flumetony
|Lewisburg, PA, United States|
|Dr. Ellen Herman|
Type of rearing unit:
|AN ANNULAR FLUME WITH TABLE AND MOTORIZED DRIVING|
Bucknell University – Annular flume
- Half-lid design (top ring covers only the inner half of the annulus) to reduce secondary circulation and increase flow uniformity.
- Ring reinforced by a vertical acrylic strip on inner edge for increased rigidity.
- Ring assembly and motor assembly on a separate structure (ring not attached to the inner channel rim) for minimized vibrations.
- Ring can be raised about 0.21 m above flume walls (when minimum height is set to 0.10 m) to facilitate access to the inside of the flume. Ring assembly easy to remove without tools when complete access is required.
- Drain port to empty the flume (¼” valve).
- Bubble levels over each of the four legs of the support table and on the drive ring to facilitate leveling.
Regarding system installation:
The flume must be set perfectly levelled. It is quite simple to set up and easy to operate. Detailed instructions will be provided for setting it in place. It can therefore be installed by your crew. Aquabiotech’s team remains available to provide additional guidance, if required.